So today was the day we could finally reveal the AALL Local Arrangements Committee Website & Blog for the 2008 annual meeting in Portland.
Here are some of my favorite features:
- It’s a single website: in previous years blogs & websites were separate, with different styles, url’s, etc. This is often due to hosting issues, we were really lucky to have Lewis & Clark’s option for WordPress.
- Fewer navigation links. We really wanted to cut down on how many links people had to deal with, so we simplified the home page and added more links on the inside pages. I think this worked out pretty well.
- Registration for the blog is easy. People can register themselves. Instead of people emailing me, which you’re welcome to do, people can simply sign up on their own and start posting to the blog. We might have to do some monitoring and quality control, but I think it’s worth it.
- Check out the collaborative Google map on the Explore page. I wish I could take credit for it, but I have to thank Diane Murley at ALL-SIS.
- Videos… I have added a video to the blog and I hope to add more in the future, introducing you to Portland sites, and Portland’s awesome law librarians. The next video should be coming very soon.
There are a lot of people who helped put this together, and I hope there is a chance for everyone to meet them through the magic of internet video.